President Reflection On Institute 2012 Election2012-04-13 06:37:18
- Our Institute had remain one of the vanguard of Nation Building, Nation Development through holistic and strategic rebirth processes that have to cut-across the four arm bit of governance in our Great Country, Nigeria. In furtherance of this, we have in the past sensitized and posited strategy that can engender good governance; of course, our effort are still on going through organized workshop, seminars, etc.
- In the fulfillment of our believe in the sanctity of the principle of good governance and the saying, "Physician Heal Thyself" , that the following steps have and must be strictly observed and taken by our Council so as to extricate itself from internal and external blame accusation that cannot be morally and professionally defended.
- The setting up of the Institute Electoral Committee (IEC) which shall be 100% independent of any control and guidance by the council or anybody.
- Election guidelines and regulations made by the IEC shall be circulated to all members of the Institute for your comments, observations, perusals etc, which must be communicated by members to the Chairman, IEC immediately, through his email address firstname.lastname@example.org, Chapter Chairperson may in addition conduct special meeting for this purpose and forward a resolution on comments, observations etc to the Chairman, IEC through same medium above.
- The foregoing is the only transparent approach, because aside the IPP and the Incumbent President all other Council present members are deemed prospective contestants. Thus, it is morally unjustifiable for the council to consider and approve the laws and regulation guiding its own election into the elective post. We are therefore only obliged to forward input to the IEC. The appropriate alternative is for the Advisory Board Members to consider and approve election guideline and regulation and thereafter present it to the Institute parliament to consider and pass same for legislative purposes.
- The Council shall only concern itself with the constitution of the budget submitted by the IEC, approve and release fund directly to the IEC for their operations without hindrance(s).
- The IEC is enjoined to utilize all available communication means of the Institute to reach-out to Chapter Chairperson and Members of the Institute on election awareness, education and mobilizations through the IEC webpage opened on Institute website www.ismng.org etc. Members of the Institute are to please visit the website and update themselves timely and adequately on all the 2012 election matters.
- The IEC shall please provide a level play ground and conducive environment for all contestants devoid of favours, manipulation, etc.
- The IEC shall as a matter of posterity use this singular opportunity to create another level of higher reputation for themselves and the Institute at large by ensuring that the election are free, transparent and credible so as to make it become a benchmark for other to emulate.
- Consequently, all members are please requested to commit themselves in support of the IEC and the Institute in achieving the most successful July 2012 Council Transitional Goals which all of us shall be proud then and thereafter; except, if we do not which the Institute well.
Please accept my Best Regards, while I wish all the screened and qualified contestants of the elective post healthy election campaigns.
Maj Gen LS Ajiborisha (Rtd)